Experts share how efficient reporting and effective CAD solutions enhance workflow
As the world begins to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, lung imaging centers are seeing a surge in patients which can present a whole slew of scheduling and reporting challenges. Not only that, but the US Preventative Services Task Force made a recent recommendation that people as young as 50 who have a 20 pack-year smoking history now begin annual lung screening, increasing the eligible population by 8.5%.
Efficient workflow is essential to meeting this new patient volume. I was recently joined by Peter Bernholt of MeVis Medical solutions on a webinar where, together, we explored how software can speed ACR Lung Cancer Screening Registry (LCSR) data submission, enhance your workflow, and improve image diagnostic quality.
Volpara Lung is one software system which allows for patient management from scheduling to diagnosis. Volpara Lung is integrated with Veolity™, manufactured by MeVis Medical Solutions. Veolity is a dedicated software package for lung cancer diagnostics optimized for low dose CT lung cancer screening, and includes automated AI-enabled nodule detection, automatic segmentation, and temporal comparison.
Here are some key takeaways from the webinar:
- Volpara Lung software automatically collects 100% of the required data elements for successful submission to ACR LCSR for reimbursement, validating all data prior to submission
- Volpara Lung offers customizable reminders and over 40 statistical reports so you never lose track of your patients or their data — critical for outreach to patients overdue for their screening due to COVID-19
- Volpara Lung is also fully integrated with Veolity LungCAD
- Veolity LungCAD is CT vendor-neutral
- Veolity LungCAD automatically identifies nodules and presents you with a key image for each finding and an overview image of all findings
- Veolity’s images can be compared to previous images from the PACS system in order to assess temporal changes to the nodule, such as nodule volume, average diameter, and density
- According to one study, Veolity LungCAD also has the best accuracy of its competition, reporting a sensitivity of 82%